Researched and written by Christopher John Hogger.

This article describes the four families who ran the post office service in Effingham during the approximate period 1841–1952. Their surnames were Bradford, Naldrett, Butcher and Green. The author acknowledges the valuable contributions to the article from Frank and the late Mary Rice-Oxley, the late Margaret M. Biles, Bryan R. Sherwood and Colin Jordan.

Use the button to read or download the article: