The history of the King George V Playing Fields in Effingham is a long and complex one. This page outlines certain phases in the history of the playing fields. The first outline describes the steps leading up to the purchase in trust of the land in 1938 by a small group of individuals. The next one describes the steps leading up to the transfer of the land in trust in 1947 from those individuals to Effingham Parish Council.

In 1947 there was no scheme in place for the management of the land. The first such scheme did not come into operation until 1951. In the decades that followed the scheme was twice revised, in 1990 and in 2009.

KGV Purchase 1938
KGV Transfer 1947