EFFINGHAM BRITISH LEGION

Researched and written by Christopher John Hogger.

The branch of the Royal British Legion in Effingham was formed in 1925 and originally named as the ‘Effingham & District’ branch, but about ten years later was renamed as the ‘Effingham & The Bookhams’ branch. The branch and its associated club contributed very significantly for many decades to the work of the Legion and to charitable activities in Effingham.

Use the button to read or download the article: