EFFINGHAM GOLF CLUB

This page presents articles relating to Effingham Golf Club, originally named Effingham Manor Golf Club. Its clubhouse is the property formerly known as Effingham House, situated near the village’s main crossroads.

The Creation of Effingham Manor Golf Club

Researched and written by Susan Morris and Jeremy Palmer

Effingham Manor Golf Club offers one of the country’s finest golf courses and will soon celebrate the Centenary of its founding. The course evolved from land that had long been part of the ancient manor of Effingham and its club house is in the mansion known as Effingham House. This article examines the early history of the golf club from its beginnings in the 1920s up to 1936.

Use the button to read or download the article:

Soon after the main article was completed, two newspaper accounts of the Club’s opening were discovered. These have been assimilated into a supplementary file available below.

Use the button to read or download the supplement: